Monday, January 23, 2012

My first blog on my Blog

So, I've decided to start a blog. Not sure if it's a good idea or not, but here I am nonetheless. More than one person has told me they'd be interested in hearing my thoughts, travels or tribulations. So here's one of these:

Recent travels:
I am in LA right now visiting with my Bother [sic] and getting my first glimpses of LA. I've been to California but once before- it was for one of my infamous kamikaze wedding trips (I go to a wedding far from where I'm living and the entire trip takes about 24 hours). But that was San Francisco. This is LA.

So far it's been a good trip. My feet hurt from walking- that must be a good sign. I've seen a lot and yet hardly cracked the surface. Highlights so far:

-Ventura Boulevard in Studio City (Barnes and Noble in a converted movie theater- my kind of place!)

-Views of LA at night from Mulholland Drive and Griffith Observatory.

-West Hollywood Public Library and the awesome, awesome murals.

-LACMA (who knew it was a campus not a building- it is ridiculous and AWESOME).

-Urban Lights and Metropolis II by Chris Burton both at LACMA.

-Inside of LA buses and subways.

-The 101 (though I haven't driven yet, maybe I'll get away without).

-La Brea Tar pits (so not what I imagined in my imagination).

-Haywire at a great new theater in NoHo.

-Walk of Fame, Grauman's Chinese Theater and the Highland Center (and the characters on Hollywood Blvd- the Johnny Depps and Woody from Toy Story were my favorite. The dude with the snakes freaked me out.)

-Jupiter and 4 of its moons.

-A glimpse of the Warner Brothers Watertower.

And so much more. Already. I'm here for another week and a half, so I'll get to see plenty more. This morning its raining so I'm blogging. What will I do this afternoon? We'll see.
Hollywood sign through a tower viewer
at the Highland Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment